At Small World our mission is to provide a complete Montessori program which considers the emotional, intellectual, physical, and social development of the total child by addressing the uniqueness of each in a nurturing, emotionally secure and academically excellent environment.
– The spirit of the child in all its aspects is our first priority.
– All children need affirmation to have a positive self-image so they may know of themselves,
– Children learn best in an environment of love, security, understanding, and consistency.
– Education is not acquired by listening to words but by experiences in which the child is a participant in his/her environment.
– Children should be treated with respect.
– Children need to be listened to in an atmosphere in which they feel safe in expressing dissenting view points.
– Success builds confidence.
– A spirit of cooperation rather than competition is the best atmosphere for learning.
– Children need to learn how to think for themselves and how to solve problems in original and creative ways.
– Children should be taught to respect the rights of others and to appreciate the contributions of all life.
– Teachers should encourage and inspire children to do not only the minimum, but also their best.
– Learning should be a happy, joyous experience!